• Take sole care of a young baby (aged 8 months), from mid-May to early July and sole care of a four year old (only) from early July to late August. These are Camp Director Julie’s children. The elder child would like to participate in camp activities under the supervision of his Nanny. Other guests at camp start from age 5 so he is still slightly young to be immersed in the camp environment on the same basis as the other campers.
• Provide a safe, caring, nurturing and stimulating environment for the children
• Usual nanny duties including preparing meals, bathing, dressing, appropriate play and activities both indoors and out
• Take the children on outings
• Light domestic duties – washing clothes, tidying, errands
Points to note:
Must be flexible and adaptable and happy to step in as required. You would be very welcome to engage in the wealth of activities going on at Camp in your down-time. Accommodation is shared with other summer resort staff.
Personal requirements / characteristics:
Ideally we are looking for a Registered Childcarer or someone with proven childcare experience (including young babies) and references. Would suit ‘outdoorsy’ type with interest in hiking, biking, summer sports etc. Driving license advantageous. We are looking for a mature and responsible individual with good communication skills and good judgment. You must be kind and caring and have the ability to plan and organise effectively. You would work on your own a lot but would still be part of the overall summer team and so a desire to interact with others is required! The ideal qualifications would be CACHE level 3, relevant NVQ, or similar.
• Three meals per day
• Competitive salary
• Resort Staff Insurance