We are recruiting: English, Spanish and French teachers to join our team in the Swiss Alps this summer. Camp Suisse is looking for inspirational and talented individuals who have a real passion for teaching their language to others. It is essential that you are able to build a great rapport with children both in and out of the classroom setting. As a language team you will be responsible for the delivery of the Camp Suisse foreign language program to all campers during the summer season.
• Deliver Camp Suisse’s foreign language programme to campers
• Adapt and enhance a course of classes, guided by the available Camp Suisse language programme. Classes must be lively, interactive, varied and fun
• Instil in your youngsters a passion for furthering their knowledge in the chosen language
• Be responsible for a classroom space and all resources and equipment you may use
Points to note:
Whilst our language programs are structured and set, it is essential that you can personalise your classes and make your classroom time unique to you. (Materials, books, games provided).
It is essential that campers make real, measurable progress from their course, particularly in areas of confidence in practical usage.
You will be required to accompany campers on activities and excursions to aid in gaining practical experience with the languages they are learning in the classroom.
Language Teachers are usually university graduates teaching their native language.
Some of our language teachers fulfil a combined role with group leading (see Group Leader job description). This allows you to teach for three hours a day and to be ‘out and about’ with campers on excursions and activities in the capacity of Group Leader for the rest of the day.
Personal requirements / characteristics:
You must be professional, good fun and be able to effectively capture the imagination of a group. You should be fluent, or native, in the language you are applying to teach. Fluency in English is a prerequisite
• Three meals per day
• Entrance / admissions / equipment relating to all activities in which you participate
• Competitive salary
• Resort Staff Insurance