The Pastoral Care Manager position is suitable for a mature, responsible, and organised individual with experience managing a team of staff. You should be hard working, professional with good decision-making skills and a genuine interest in children and young people. The aim at Camp Suisse is to provide round the clock care to campers; the Pastoral Care Leaders as a team enable this to continue outside the hours of timetabled activities. The Pastoral Care Team, for which you would be responsible, look after dietary, hygiene, medical and other pastoral issues as well as having responsibility for the safe management of the accommodation buildings. Above all, you should be a team player who is trustworthy, caring, and able to lead from the front!
• Be part of the Camp Suisse middle management team
• Be responsible for identifying, responding to, and managing camper social, welfare and behaviour issues.
• Ensure campers are settled into camp life and remain happy, healthy, and engaged for the duration of their stay. The pastoral care manager plays a vital role in getting the best out of every camper.
• The pastoral care manager is required to liaise with parents daily, keeping them informed regarding all camper issues, concerns, and successes.
• Manage a small team of staff responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of our campers for the duration of their stay – Pastoral Care Team, organising, staff rotas, days off, disciplinary issues, staff welfare and performance
• Manage the ‘out of program’ care from the end of daytime activities through to the following day’s breakfast, activity planning and night duties
• Oversee the management of first aid supplies
• Attend to any illnesses or sicknesses in-house
• Oversee all pastoral systems in place, recording procedures, checking in and out of chalets at night and morning etc
• Manage the accommodation chalets regarding maintenance needs, camper room cleanliness, issuing of linen, lock up in the evening and patrol premises at night
• Oversee the response to night-time incidents and action emergency procedures as required – including medical care and fire warden duties
Points to note:
The Pastoral Care Team are a crucial element of the Camp Suisse Team. They work to a unique rota to facilitate night duties and as a team require independent management from the rest of the Camp Suisse staff. The role also includes significant liaising with managers, group leaders, catering staff and parents on relevant camper issues where appropriate. Including creating and maintaining accurate paper trails and understanding the needs of campers with medical conditions, food allergies and intolerances. As part of the Camp Suisse middle management team, you would receive leadership training and full in-house training for our protocols and procedures.
Personal requirements / characteristics:
Experience in youth work, medicine, nursing, social work, kids clubs or nannying is advantageous with the addition of a minimum of 2 years managerial or leadership experience required. You should be effective at assessing and evaluating situations, quick-thinking and a good problem solver. You should have an open mind and be tolerant of all cultures, races and languages, as well as being friendly, approachable and empathetic. Your team will be the first point of call should any camper require settling or assistance during the night. It is essential to have experience working with children and a knowledge of first aid would be useful. Medical training including nursing would be advantageous. Strong organisational skills and time management is important due to the busy nature of camp and the need to manage a team of staff.
• Three meals per day
• Entrance / admissions / equipment relating to all activities in which you participate
• Competitive salary
• Resort Staff Insurance