• Deliver professional, effective and great fun adventure activities to campers
• Design and plan activity sessions to suit specific requirements (age, ability, weather, aims)
• Coach activities in line with Camp Suisse session plans to ensure full participation by campers
• Be responsible for the use, maintenance and inspection of all equipment to the prescribed standards
• Be an effective member of the activities team, willing to support others and develop the personal skills that will allow you to deliver the broad range of activities in our program
• Follow all reporting procedures
• Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of our campers for the duration of their stay
Points to note:
The essential element of all Camp Suisse activity sessions is to improve skills and confidence in each discipline; development and learning is essential. Activities are delivered in a safe, controlled environment in a manner which is great fun for participants and which fosters real enthusiasm for the exercise. Each activity runs in line with the relevant Camp Suisse activity session plan. International Camp Suisse proudly holds AdventureMark Accreditation. To this end, in-house training and assessment will be delivered to ensure all Activity Leaders can operate at the approved standards. International Camp Suisse operates in an Alpine environment and as such is subject to rapid changes in weather, therefore Activity Leaders must be suitably prepared to lead in this environment.
Personal requirements / characteristics:
Camp Suisse Activity Leaders are talented and adaptable individuals with a genuine passion for their activities. You must be mature, punctual, professional and responsible with a real enthusiasm for the outdoors and for coaching and teaching children and young people. All sessions are to be structured, planned and progressive to suit the needs of each group. First Aid and outdoor industry qualifications are advantageous but not essential, e.g. CTC Mountain Biking / MWLA Hill Walking / SPA Climbing / CWLA Climbing Wall /GNAS Archery / BOF Orienteering. You will run a broad range of activities and sports throughout the camp on a day-to-day basis. As this is a residential position, Activity Leaders are also involved in other areas of the camp including evening entertainment, night time supervision and domestic duties as required.
• Three meals per day
• Entrance / admissions / equipment relating to all activities in which you participate
• Competitive salary
• Some in-house training
• Resort Staff Insurance