Camp Suisse are looking for someone who is confident, friendly, good fun and easy going with a genuine interest in children and young people and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with people from a range of cultures. Candidates for the role must be mature, responsible, forward-thinking and hard-working with a high level of organisational skills, problem solving ability and a proven ability to work with young people. Experience in a similar role is essential and may include summer resort management, hotel management or winter resort management. The job is demanding yet rewarding and the hours could be long so a flexible approach to work is necessary. A strong ability to work with and motivate others is required as well as the ability to set and maintain high standards throughout the season.
• Manage the pastoral care team, cleaners and maintenance staff to fulfill their function
• Be responsible for safe & efficient management of accommodation – including housekeeping, maintenance, fire evacuation etc
• Assist with the management of campers’ issues eg medical, bullying, homesickness, unhappiness, language barriers or other
• Train, manage and motivate staff
• Liaise with parents and other management as required
• Problem-solving and managing grievances in relation to parents, campers and staff
• Plan, run, and oversee evening entertainments
• Oversee morning wake-up
• Be part of the senior management team responsible for the smooth running of all camp operations
Points to note:
The position is one of responsibility and care for both youngsters and staff.
This position will see you as part of the Camp Suisse senior management team.
Specific responsibilities include:
-Managing a team of seasonal workers – those under your direct remit would be
1. The Pastoral Care Team – these staff are responsible for the health, safety and well-being of children and young people in our residential environment outside of the timetabled activities: (See Pastoral Care Leaders)
2. The Cleaning Team – these staff are responsible for all areas of the cleaning function at Camp (See Cleaners)
3. The maintenance staff – usually one recruited employee and one local tradesman
– Running the housekeeping operations at camp allowing for the safe and efficient management of the accommodation
– Holding meetings with your own team and attending senior management meetings on a regular basis
-Monitoring, auditing and reviewing your teams’ activities
-Following designated reporting procedures.
This is a staff role with an open and flexible work schedule, allowing you to manage your own time
Personal requirements / characteristics:
An understanding of the nature of seasonal work through relevant experience is essential. You must have a very positive ‘can do’ attitude to work and be able to instill this in others. French language skills very useful. Experience essential. Driving license required. Medical knowledge / background would be advantageous.
• Three meals per day
• Entrance / admissions / equipment relating to any activities in which you participate
• Competitive salary plus bonus potential
• In-house training
• Resort Staff Insurance
Start Your Application >