• Manage the pastoral care team, cleaners and maintenance staff to fulfill their function
• Be responsible for safe & efficient management of accommodation – including housekeeping, maintenance, fire evacuation etc
• Assist with the management of campers’ issues eg medical, bullying, homesickness, unhappiness, language barriers or other
• Train, manage and motivate staff
• Liaise with parents and other management as required
• Problem-solving and managing grievances in relation to parents, campers and staff
• Plan, run, and oversee evening entertainments
• Oversee morning wake-up
• Be part of the senior management team responsible for the smooth running of all camp operations
Points to note:
This is a managerial role and experience in a similar role is essential. This may include summer resort management, hotel management or winter resort management. The job is demanding yet rewarding and the hours could be long so a flexible approach to work is essential. The position is one of responsibility and care for both youngsters and staff.
This position will see you as part of the Camp Suisse senior management team.
Specific responsibilities include:
-Managing a team of seasonal workers – those under your direct remit would be
1. The Pastoral Care Team – these staff are responsible for the health, safety and well-being of children and young people in our residential environment outside of the timetabled activities: (See Pastoral Care Leaders)
2. The Cleaning Team – these staff are responsible for all areas of the cleaning function at Camp (See Cleaners)
3. The maintenance staff – usually one recruited employee and one local tradesman
– Running the housekeeping operations at camp allowing for the safe and efficient management of the accommodation
– Holding meetings with your own team and attending senior management meetings on a regular basis
-Monitoring, auditing and reviewing your teams’ activities
-Following designated reporting procedures.
This is a staff role with an open and flexible work schedule, allowing you to manage your own time
Personal requirements / characteristics:
You must be mature, responsible, forward-thinking and hard-working. A high level of organisational skills, problem solving ability and a proven ability to work with young people is essential. A strong ability to work with and motivate others is required as well as the ability to set and maintain high standards throughout the season. An understanding of the nature of seasonal work through relevant experience is essential. You must have a very positive ‘can do’ attitude to work and be able to instill this in others. We are looking for someone who is confident, friendly, good fun and easy going with a genuine interest in kids and young people and the ability to communicate effectively art all levels with people from a range of cultures. French language skills very useful. Experience essential. Driving license required. Medical knowledge / background would be advantageous.
• Three meals per day
• Entrance / admissions / equipment relating to any activities in which you participate
• Competitive salary plus bonus potential
• In-house training
• Resort Staff Insurance