The Group Leader is at the centre of the campers experience with us. We are looking for enthusiastic, fun and hardworking individuals with a genuine desire to give each and every camper an unforgettable experience. The primary focus of the Group Leader role is to manage and take care of a small group of campers, ensuring their safety, wellbeing and enjoyment during their time at Camp Suisse.
• Be dedicated to a small group of campers (6 to 12 kids depending on age) to mentor for each fortnightly period
• Personally mentor and lead your group – be the friendly face and guide to each individual
• Accompany your group each day during meals and on all activities and excursions, including encouraging and motivating them where necessary
• Offer feedback on the success and popularity of activities and the campers’ enjoyment of different events
• Teach language lessons as required
• Assist with and offer support during other activity sessions as required
• Monitor and report on the well-being of campers in your care
• Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of our campers for the duration of their stay
Personal requirements / characteristics:
It is vital you have a genuine passion for working with children and young adults. The ability to build a good rapport with campers is important. With such an amazing opportunity to work in the outdoors you should be excited by the prospect of a summer in the alps. With the outstanding range of activities on offer this will not be hard. The work is both extremely good fun and very rewarding. This is a very demanding role and therefore it is helpful if you thrive in a busy environment and enjoy the unique team environment a seasonal job offers. Above all you should be a team player who is kind, caring, and great fun! You should have an open mind and be tolerant of all cultures, races and languages. It is helpful if you have experience working with children, first aid training, and are keen on sports and the outdoors.
Are you also a linguist?
At camp Suisse we offer a language program along side our activities and excursions. Each summer we look for a select group of talented staff who also have a passion and skill for linguistics.
If you are heading for a career in teaching or have a real passion for languages, then the group leader/language teacher role may be perfect for you.
• Three meals per day
• Entrance / admissions / equipment relating to all activities in which you participate
• Competitive salary
• Full in-house training
• Resort Staff Insurance
Start Your Application >