Camp Suisse are looking for good ‘all-rounders’, i.e. flexible, adaptable, capable individuals who are forward-thinking, self-motivated and who have good planning and organisational skills. For all support staff roles you must enjoy driving and having interest in other camp activities and sports is a massive advantage. This is an active and diverse role with a variety of responsibilities. It is vital that applicants are team players will to adapt and work hard in the busy camp environment.
• Maintenance and odd jobs as required including checks and repairs to equipment, facilities, buildings and vehicles
• Filling in and fitting in as required to provide cover in other camp departments – could include kitchen work, cleaning etc
• Driving duties which may include airport transfers, food shopping for camp, laundry delivery and collection, moving vehicles, delivering / collecting equipment from activity venues e.g. bikes, climbing kit etc, accompanying campers to doctors / hospital, collecting orders, private transfers for parents / campers / teachers to and from transport hubs and other driving duties as required
• As part of the above driving duties, you will be expected to assist with loading vehicles, including moving goods, laundry, shopping and other items to and from storage areas, loading and unloading luggage and interacting with campers, staff and other adults in a positive way
• Be an effective team player alongside other camp staff and represent the company in a professional manner
• Be responsible for ongoing cleanliness of company vehicles and other facilities
• Run and record routine safety and other checks on vehicles, equipment and facilities
Offer operational support to the management team
• Assist in general with any element of camp life
• Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of our campers for the duration of their stay
Points to note:
The local Alpine roads, in particular the main access to Torgon, are narrow with tight bends and limited passing places, making a mature and skilled approach to driving essential. In addition, access to venues using a 4wd vehicle on rough mountain tracks may be required, so an understanding of such conditions and off road driving skills are desirable. Driving with and manoeuvring a trailer may form part of your daily duties. You should be physically fit and able to move and lift. Building and/or maintenance skills are required and a practical knowledge of basic vehicle maintence is useful.
Personal requirements / characteristics:
You need to be able to work effectively unsupervised or as part of a team and to communicate well with others. Must hold driving license.
• Three meals per day
• Entrance / admissions / equipment relating to all activities in which you participate
• Competitive salary
• Some in-house training
• Accident Insurance