Camp Suisse is looking for friendly, well-motivated individuals who are passionate about the catering industry. You must be a good team player who is at ease working with a range of individuals. You will be required to liaise with campers and group leaders about food allergies and special dietary needs and with our team of chefs about ingredients, menu plans, food stocks and HACCP. This role is suitable for someone who has experience as a waiter/waitress or team leader in a restaurant/cafe.
• Facilitate and maintain the smooth-running of food service operations at camp (meals for up to 200 people per day)
• Collect and packing/unpacking shopping and deliveries
• Serve in the dining hall and clean the associated areas before and after each service
• Manage special diet plans
• Stock taking and stock control
• Assist the chefs and senior team as required
• Maintain accurate paperwork and keep associated records (staff rotas, recipes, time sheets, HACCP documents)
• Work in the dining hall and run meal services – breakfast, lunch or dinner
• Ensure safe and smooth delivery of all meals
• Co-ordinate kitchen and front-of-house operations
• Report to management
Points to note:
Fresh food is prepared and served in-house each day for up to 200 people at each meal. Important skills include the ability to run the dining hall at service times in an organised and efficient manner, personnel management, stock control, attention to detail, attention to health and hygiene rules and forward thinking.
Personal requirements / characteristics:
You should have some experience in the food services industry and an understanding of HACCP. You must be able to lead actively and motivate others, problem-solve effectively and work on your own initiative. We are looking for dynamic people who are easy-going and fun to work with, as well as professional and punctual.
• Three meals per day
• Competitive salary
• Resort Staff Insurance