We are looking for a category D driver (PCV + CPC) who is more than driver! Specifically a good ‘all-rounder’, a flexible, adaptable, capable individual who is forward-thinking, self-motivated and with good planning and organisational skills. You must enjoy driving, and having an interest in our other camp activities and sports is a huge advantage. This is a varied and interesting role with both driving and non-driving responsibilities.
• Drive Camp Suisse vehicles or locally hired vehicles (PCV / Category D required plus CPC))
• Driving duties which may include airport transfers, food shopping for camp, laundry delivery and collection, moving vehicles to/from the UK, delivering / collecting equipment from activity venues e.g. bikes, climbing kit etc, accompanying campers to doctors / hospital, collecting orders, private transfers for parents / campers / teachers to and from transport hubs and other driving duties as required
• As part of the above driving duties, you will be expected to assist with loading vehicles, including moving goods, laundry, shopping and other items to and from storage areas, loading and unloading luggage.
• Drivers are expected to interact with campers, staff and other adults in a positive way
• Be an effective team player alongside other drivers and camp staff and represent the company in a professional manner
• Be responsible for ongoing cleanliness of company vehicles
• Run and record routine safety and other checks on company vehicles (in line with UK Driver CPC training)
• Assist in general with any element of camp life
• Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of our campers for the duration of their stay
Points to note:
You will have the opportunity to participate in activities with the groups if you wish. You are actively encouraged to get involved with the campers and those staff who work directly with them. The local Alpine roads are narrow with tight bends and limited passing places, making a mature and skilled approach to driving essential. In addition, access to venues using a 4wd vehicle on rough mountain tracks may be required, so an understanding of such conditions and off road driving skills are desirable. Driving with and maneuvering a trailer may form part of your daily duties.
Personal requirements / characteristics:
Must hold full category D driving license obtained by taking a category D driving test. A current digital tachograph card and valid CPC are also required.
• Three meals per day
• Entrance / admissions / equipment relating to all activities in which you participate
• Competitive salary
• Some in-house training
• Accident Insurance
Start Your Application >