Must hold full category D1 driving licence obtained by taking a D1 driving test. A current digital tachograph card and valid CPC are also required.
• Drive Camp Suisse vehicles or locally hired vehicles (up to 17 seat minibuses)
• Driving duties which may include airport transfers, food shopping for camp, laundry delivery and collection, moving vehicles to/from the UK, delivering / collecting equipment from activity venues e.g. bikes, climbing kit etc, accompanying campers to doctors / hospital, collecting orders, private transfers for parents / campers / teachers to and from transport hubs and other driving duties as required
• As part of the above driving duties, you will be expected to assist with loading vehicles, including moving goods, laundry, shopping and other items to and from storage areas, loading and unloading luggage and interact with campers, staff and other adults in a positive way
• Be an effective team player alongside other drivers and camp staff and represent the company in a professional manner
• Be responsible for ongoing cleanliness of company vehicles
• Run and record routine safety and other checks on company vehicles (in line with UK Driver CPC training)
• Assist in general with any element of camp life
• Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of our campers for the duration of their stay
Points to note:
This is a varied and interesting role which will give you a great overview of all elements of camp operations. You will have the opportunity to participate in activities with the groups if you wish. You are actively encouraged to get involved with the campers and those staff who work directly with them. The local Alpine roads, in particular the main access to Torgon, are narrow with tight bends and limited passing places, making a mature and skilled approach to driving essential. In addition, access to venues using a 4wd vehicle on rough mountain tracks may be required, so an understanding of such conditions and off road driving skills are desirable. Driving with and manoeuvring a trailer may form part of your daily duties.
Personal requirements / characteristics:
We are looking for good ‘all-rounders’, i.e. flexible, adaptable, capable individuals who are forward-thinking, self-motivated and who have good planning and organisational skills. You must enjoy driving and an interest in other camp activities and sports is an advantage. This is a broad role with non-driving duties too. You need to be able to work effectively unsupervised or as part of a team and to communicate well with others.
• Three meals per day
• Entrance / admissions / equipment relating to all activities in which you participate
• Competitive salary
• Some in-house training
• Accident Insurance